Saturday, January 9, 2016

LENNY THE BOOK CROOK, PART 7.

Part 7.


I wrote Lenny a response, hoping he’d leave me alone afterwards. As per usual, I was naïve.
            
            “Hey Lenny,

“Just wanted to let you know that I am meeting with agents and hopefully in the next few years, you will see my book out there on shelves.

“I’m assuming since you never replied correctly to my e-mail, you would not take on a project without $150.00. This makes me question whether this was ever for real or always a scam.

“Have a good year.

“Raanan.”

Now I’ll admit that was bitchy, but I was annoyed to hear from him again. Furthermore, I am often a bitch, so none of this should come as a shock to my readers. The next few weeks, I began receiving an e-mail a day, offering to take me on for one-hundred and fifty dollars. Lenny’s e-mails were seemingly never ending and always offering the same thing. This grew heavy, just seeing my inbox implode with this crazy person’s continuing level of instability. Finally I caved and sent an e-mail.

“Hey again, Lenny,

“Regarding your offer, I will NEVER EVER pay you a cent to represent my amazing story. That’s not how it works, except when it’s a scam. You, my friend are a scam artist. I’ve spoken to a number of different agencies that have offered lower retainer percentages to the book with no down payment on my end. I am more so writing to let you know that you will never see my book until it’s on shelves. You can kick yourself then for your childish games with a few hundred dollars.

“That is all.

“Kind Regards,

“Raanan.”

True, this got way bitchier, but I grew so tired of receiving contact from this book crook. Lenny’s quick response was priceless, however. Keep in mind that I am not changing or correcting any of his spelling mistakes or grammatical errors. Enjoy the irony in that.”

“Hey is not correct enlish when writing someone; You’re not paying me anything, you covering your expenses, which you will find out every agent, receives expenses, we work for you, and all writers pay from them.

“I reveive them up front, so when I deal with disingenuous flakey people who can’t make up their mind, like you, I’M covered.

“You wrote me, and asked me what I sold so that’d fine, but you knew my terms going in, so why bother aksing now?

“However that said, I wish you the best of luck, and by the way, in parting, please look at all the books I have sold. For $150, that could be you. I don’t think you’re going to find many with my credits.

“DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN, I’M NOT INTERESTED IN DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU.

“Lenny.”
            
             I’m not even going to begin to go into the spelling mistakes here. His grammar is horrifically atrocious, but so was he. I could have just left it alone, but at this point I had read several different e-mails from him and was tired of the nastiness. Still, I was coming down to this George Costanza mess of a man’s level. I responded to his e-mail with a negative review I had come across (among many) online concerning this alleged book agent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment